Sunday, November 17, 2019

The Work Bag

I tried something last week that was quite refreshing. It was simple. I left my work bag at work.

Every day I carry my work bag to and from work. It is heavy. It contains each of my daily notebooks I use on a daily basis. I do not know why I carry them back and forth. Perhaps I may need it when I am home. I do not know. Most times, I am so exhaustingly tired I do not even open up my bag. It still comes home with me. It gets even heavier on the weekends. I guess I feel I have more time, let me take more home.

So, last Tuesday I was at work late and figured why take it home. I'm coming right back. So, I did the unthinkable and left it all at work-including my laptop! Then the next day my husband said we were going to have dinner with our daughter. So, I left it again figuring I would not have an ounce of time to do anything with the contents of the bag. Then it was Thursday. I was ready to leave by 4:30, however I still had a to do list to take care of. So, I decided to go ahead and clear the list. I left a bit later- 6:00 p.m. However, I was able to leave without the bag!

There was something about leaving work at work that week that was so refreshing to my soul. I was able to come home with a clear mind. Each morning, I got up and dressed and walked out the house with just my purse. It felt so liberating! I shared this experience with someone and they assured me to keep doing it more often. The feeling was too great that I do think I will make it possible. Even just taking it one day at a time.

This forty something thing is really getting the best of me. Why does it take forty something years to realize what now twenty somethings already know- to take time to care for ourselves. Feed the soul. We only live one life. It's time to make the most of the life I have been given. This includes making the most of the time I have and spending it doing what I love and enjoy most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your positive thoughts are appreciated!