Thursday, December 29, 2016

Twenty Sixteen

Twenty sixteen will definitely go down in my books as the most treasured year yet.  I almost do not want it to end. I continue reading through news and social media about several celebrities passing away and other people just wanting 2016 to end for different reasons. Several celebrities I grew up with passed away within just a month much less the year-Prince, Nancy Reagan, Florence Henderson, Alan Thicke, George Michael and most recently Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) and her mother Debbie Reynolds. These just to name a few. Quite sad.  Twenty sixteen also can be considered a crazy year in politics with the most frustrating and challenging election that practically divided our country. 

However, twenty sixteen won't be remembered or defined by any of those things for me.  Although each of those in itself were sad and challenging events.  In my small world there were a handful of events that were a central point in my life that this year will go down as the most memorable and beautiful year yet because...

Our son graduated from high school. 

We moved into our new home.

Our son began his freshman year of college.

Our daughter got married.

No, I don't want 2016 to end.  It has so many special moments that I don't want to leave behind.  It was an emotional roller coaster that flooded me with joyous tears at a random moments notice.  The review reel ran through my mind often times that I would sit and wish all the times back.  Where had the time gone? Yes, my husband and I were practically empty nesters and the world we were now living was a totally new thing.  I wasn't quite sure if I was ready for it, but it had arrived.  I didn't know how to handle it.  I was feeling overwhelmingly blessed because it was as if all that I ever wanted came through in one year.  The thought of 'what did I do to deserve this' came through my mind and then I stopped to do as we are told to do, accept His blessings. This sign that sits in my kitchen says it all.


I am grounded enough to know that this was just our year.  Not every year can be as amazing and blessed as this one, however I don't stop praying. As a matter of fact, I continued to pray even through all the good thanking God for all his blessings.  Every year of our lives can not be lived in high.  Sometimes we have to live the low moments to appreciate and treasure the most blessed ones. 


Cheers to twenty sixteen!  The year that will forever be in my heart as OUR year! Thanks to God. May twenty seventeen be celebrated with many blessings for everyone.  





1 comment:

  1. Love this! Yes I agree 2016 was a crazy year in the political and entertainment world, but like you said-- those things while sad many of them don't really affect me. 2016 was a huge year for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your positive thoughts are appreciated!